We need to become the change we want to see - Mahatma Gandhi
All of us at find so much inspiration in these words. Here are some of the things we are doing to make a positive change to the environment:
- Use paper that contains a minimum of 30% post consumer recycled content and that is ethanol and chlorine free for all office machines.
- Print on both sides of the paper for all internal documents, as well as external documents when appropriate.
- Ensure all business cards, letterhead and envelopes are printed on recycled paper.
- Insist on the use of non-toxic cleaning supplies for office cleaning crews.
- Use Energy Star rated light bulbs in all office lights.
- Ensure computers, printers and monitors are in low energy sleep mode when not in use and are turned off at night.
- Have a Green Kitchen: re-usable cups, plates and cutlery, washable hand towels, and earth friendly soap.
- Compost our organic waste.
- Purchase only the most fuel efficient vehicles in the class required.
- Encourage staff to use alternate forms of transportation to get to and from work, fund bus passes and provide bicycle storage.
- Donate our time, effort and money to local charities that work to improve the communities we trade in.
- Encourage all stakeholders to take little steps to help reduce their environmental impact outside of work.