8 Easy Ways To Green Your Office
- Make it a habit to turn off the lights when you're leaving any room for 15 minutes or more and utilize natural light when you can.
- Green up the office with small indoor plants which help remove pollutants from the air.
- Replace regular light bulbs and fixtures with Energy Star-rated light bulbs and fixtures which use at least two-thirds less energy than regular lighting.
- Save water by installing displacement toilet dams in toilet reservoir (1 or 2 plastic containers filled with stones displace about 4 litres of water per flush).
- Use automatic set back thermostats for air conditioning during weekends and evenings when not in the office. 78 degrees when in the office and 85 degrees when not.
- Turn off your monitor when-ever it is not in use; if you are able, turn off your computer and power bars when leaving the office at the end of the day.
- Reuse as much as possible within the office. Use both sides of paper, reuse file folders and envelopes and purchase reusable products where possible.
- Bring your own mug to work for coffee and drinks rather than using disposable cups.