All-in-one printers are becoming an extremely popular option for at home users. Now that they’ve dropped in price, it is cheaper to purchase an all-in-one than to buy two or three equivalent components separately. Not only do all-in-ones provide all the necessary services – printing, scanning, faxing and copying – but they also save space and energy. Instead of having three or four machines taking up space in your already crowded office, now you only need one!
While most home users choose their printer based on whatever sale is going on at their local tech store, it is important to know exactly what you’re getting when you make this significant purchase. As time passes on, these multifunctional printers are being given additional features that you might wish you had known about – including network capabilities, LCD screens and memory card readers.
Here are five questions to ask yourself when purchasing your next all-in-one printer:
- Black & White or Colour? What do you need your printer for? If you want to print a lot of pictures, you should go for the colour. However, black & white printers are more cost effective and better if you’re only needing to print text.
- What Other Features Are Important? Think about what you’ll use your printer for. If you’re buying an all-in-one, you might expect it to do everything – but not all of them do. There are many added features that could be the difference between you being happy or dissatisfied with your machine. Do you need it to connect to Bluetooth devices? Do you want various sized printer trays?
- How Fast Does It Print? This is a biggie for some people. If you print large jobs, you likely don’t want to sit around for half an hour while you wait. By purchasing a printer that fits your needs, you’ll surely be glad you spend the extra bit of money.
- Are There Compatible Remanufactured Cartridges Available? If you’re looking for the best value, you should look beyond the initial cost of the printer and into the cost of printing. Instead of paying the staggering prices for toner whenever you need a refill, you can get high-quality remanufactured cartridges for a fraction of the cost. Call your local printer remanufacturing company to see if they support the model you are wanting to buy. If you’re in Vancouver or Kelowna, we’d be happy to help!
- What Are The Reviews Like? The best way to find out whether or not you’ll be satisfied with your all-in-0ne printer is to see what other people thought after they purchased the same model. While not everybody might be looking for the same features you were, you’ll be able to find a lot of valuable feedback. If you can’t find any reviews, simply ask a trained in-store worker about the product’s reputation.
For simple printing, you should not bother buying an all-in-one. But if you’re looking to get more out of your machine and eager to get started with a multifunctional printer that can meet all your needs, there’s no better option out there. Just make sure you research your purchase so you get the best value possible.